With over 18 years’ experience in “Digital First” consulting to corporate, government, and not for profit sectors, I demonstrate success in leading projects to conclusion and providing advice and support to effective information management teams.
I am seeking to challenge my skills and experience in an IM role where I can gain greater exposure to best-practice solutions development and help build a customer-focused business culture of information management and advice.
- Manages key stakeholder relationships—government and corporate organisations
- Delivers Information Management solutions design/implementation
- Manages/monitors major projects
- Leads individual/team skills development— staff and client training
- Solves problems/troubleshoots by listening carefully, interpreting information and converting problems to solutions
- Builds strong rapport across all social and cultural boundaries
- SME in information solutions design
- SME information system design and data analysis and data migration
- Analyses and re-engineers business process
- Provides client requirements, including documentation; process mapping
- Prioritises/balances multiple activities—works under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
- Acts decisively and strategically—views the big picture
Collaboration Specialist May 2016 – Current Information Services Unit, City of Sydney Council
Business Records Analyst Feb 2016 – May 2016 Transport Shared Services, Transport for NSW
Business Systems Manager April 2011 – March 2016 Australian Catholic University
Frontline Director February 2011 – December 2013 North West Region Victoria, YMCA Victoria
Digital Asset and Copyright Officer June 2010 – May 2011 Museum Victoria
Retails Services Specialist April 2005 – October 2008 Central Region Victoria, Commonwealth Bank
Business Development Manager January 2004 – November 2007 Potent Websites
Marketing Analyst May 2001 – January 2004 Franchise and Distributor Marketing Channels, BP Australia
Retail Projects Coordinator May 2000 – May 2001 Australia Pacific Region, BP Australia
Assistant Retail Products Manager January 1998 – April 2000 Retail Channel, BP Australia
Collaboration Specialist 2016 City of Sydney
Six Month contract to work with City of Sydney to assist their migration to Office 365, specifically with regards to SharePoint and related technologies (TeamSites, Flow, PowerApps and Office 365 groups) and how it fits with existing records management tools such as TRIM.
- Tracking completion 3 months ahead of schedule.
- Performing Testing and QA on SharePoint in Office 365
- Migration of existing SharePoint 2013 to Office 365
Business Records Analyst 2016 Transport for NSW
Three-month contract to work with Transport for NSW (TfNSW) clients and perform business processes analysis, identifying relationships of business processes within the records management framework. Managed multiple projects, while focusing on producing successful results and cost-effective solutions for the customer.
- Monitored compliance with the State Records Act 1998 and other relevant legislation.
- SME on electronic records management best practice—provided advice/recommendations to TfNSW clients to improve record-keeping practices and promote the use of EDRMS throughout the organisation.
- Analysed/monitored the performance of the Records Managements Services—produced regular reports to the Principal Manager of Information and Records.
- Advised/assisted in record management audits and legislative inquiries conducted internally on TfNSW clients.
- Developed/implemented formal action plans to further improve process within TfNSW as required.
- Consulted with clients on an ongoing basis to provide a credible, client-focused and accountable service.
- Developed monthly reporting performance and KPI dashboard with regards to Information Management Services including Records Management, From Development Archiving and EDRMS systems support in TRIM, Objective, Opentext EDRMS.
- Collaborated with staff across the cluster and services, influencing the delivery of consistent, quality practices that met the requirements of the State Records Act and provided business benefits.
- Promoted a customer service culture and facilitated quality management processes.
- Researching physical records storage vendors to consolidate multiple contracts.
Business Systems Manager 2011 – 2016 Australian Catholic University
National systems role support 30,000 students across 6 campuses including in Victoria, NSW, ACT and Queensland. Systems managed included corporate website, information management platform (SharePoint) and Student Professional Experience Management Software (InPlace)
- Performed business analysis/consulted with department/teams to ensure that business needs were met.
- Managed stakeholder relationships among executives internally across the organisation and externally with vendors.
- Mitigated risk by ensuring adherence to all vendor and procurement management processes and contract terms.
- Provided advice, guidance and training to users on the transition to digital workforce — produced training documentation and programs.
- Provided advice on change management pre- and post-transition new systems and upgrades.
- Developed project reports and system documentation—system administration.
- Led $30 million digital business transformation of university placement business activity.
- Developed cross campus national benchmarked dashboard, highlighting performance and areas for process improvements.
- Systems data integration with 1 million records per transfer.
Frontline Director 2011 – 2013 YMCA Victoria
Provision of guidance and support for the region across the functions of marketing communications, community relations and fundraising at both a local and state-wide level.
- Supporting 6,700 membership base through CRM, web and social media platforms.
- Upgrading website platform and developing web sites for third-party tenants resulting in 25% increase in website traffic across fleet of websites.
- Developing and managing departmental budget of $6 million
- Leading team of 15 staff including hiring, inductions, and onboarding activities.
Digital Asset and Copyright Specialist 2010 – 2011 Museum Victoria
- Conceptualisation of collection taxonomy and metadata schema for Kodak Australasia archive
- Enhancement of digital 1000’s of image collection including copyright for Museum Victoria Studios
Retail Services Specialist 2008 – 2009 Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Worked across the network at over 50 branches, mentoring and training new staff members and assessing growth opportunities by generating referrals to internal specialists across investment and lending products, regularly eclipsing targets.
Business Development Manager 2004 – 2007 Potent Webs
Development of approach to market strategy taking the business from an out of the back bedroom operation to western Melbourne largest web development and marketing company.
- Development of commercial proposals and online analytics products.
- Achieved 100% year on year sales.
Distributor Marketing Analyst 2001 – 2004 BP Australia
B2B Tier 1 customer service role supporting network of 25 wholesale distributors across Australia.
- Contract preparation and execution of legal agreements and other legal documents including relationship management of United Nations in East Timor of BP lubricants
- Preparation and processing of Capital Expenditure proposals
- Managed the rebranding for 1,100 sites in line with new corporate identity
Retail Projects Analyst 1999 – 2001 BP Australia
Various roles across Asia Pacific.
- Led Australasia based project across 13 Business Units designed to consolidate 50+ systems into a single system. Gained stakeholder consensus to produce cost savings of 650%
- Financial modelling of retail franchise fee models to underpin business restructuring resulting in $30 million savings p.a.
- Redevelopment of company intranet including project scoping, agency selection and content migration and delivering classroom and on the job “Web Literacy” training 1000 staff.
- Collating data & research for Australia’s first corporate Triple Bottom Line (People – Planet – Profit) report.
Assistant Retail Products Manager 1998 – 1999 BP Australia
- Research, develop and present strategic marketing to senior management
- Design concepts for national sales promotions in conjunction with advertising agencies
- Developed promotion reporting baseline to enhancing existing promotion profitability reporting
Education and Professional Development
Business of Business Information and Knowledge Management (Distinction) 2010 – 2012 RMIT University
Bachelor of Business Marketing (Distinction) 1996 – 1999 RMIT University
Internet History, Technology, and Security 2013 University of Michigan (Coursera)
Records Management Fundamentals 2016 State Records NSW
Framework for Recordkeeping in the NSW Public Sector 2016 State Records NSW
Digital Records Keeping Concepts 2016 State Records NSW
Records Keeping Concepts 2016 State Records NSW
Role of the Nominated Senior Officer 2016 State Records NSW
Data Management and Business Intelligence
Designing SharePoint Taxonomies 2016 Lynda.com
Business Analytics 2015 General Assembly
Up and Running with QlikView 2014 Lynda.com
Up and Running with Tableau 2014 Lynda.com
Up and Running with Power Pivot and SharePoint 2013 2014 Lynda.com
Working with Data on the Web 2014 Lynda.com
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentals 2014 Lynda.com
Business Process Improvement
Business Process Modeling and Analysis 2014 Hasso Plattner Institut Germany
Nintex Forms and Workflows 2013 Combined Knowledge
Technical Writing 2015 Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd
Operations Management Fundamentals 2015 Lynda.com
Foundations of ITIL Framework 2015 Lynda.com
Developing Project Requirements 2014 Lynda.com
Foundations of Programming: Software Quality Assurance 2013 Lynda.com
MS SharePoint, HP TRIM 7, RM8, Objective, OpenText, Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, Kodak Capture Pro, Kofax, Office 365 Administration, Office 365 Exchange Administration, MS Excel (Advanced), MS Visio, Disco, Windows OS, Mac OSX, MS Project, ABBYY Fine Reader Professional, Omni Page Professional, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop, SiteCore, Typo3, WordPress.